Arborbrook Christian Academy
Upper School Science Teacher
Arborbrook Christian Academy is seeking an Upper School Science Teacher capable of teaching various courses from 7th–12th grade.
Arborbrook Christian Academy in Matthews, NC is seeking an upper school science teacher capable of teaching various courses from 7th – 12th grade. We are seeking to add an additional teacher to our Science department. Course selection would be based on experience and areas of interest. This is a full time position which means teaching four classes to our students. The position includes planning lessons, grading papers, and engaging with students in a positive way.
Our school is a four-day a week Charlotte Mason Christian school and our hours are 8:30-3:00 so we try to use the time with students well. Class sizes are small at Arborbrook, with a maximum of 18 students per section.
All teachers must have:
- A heart for God. They will be born-again, Bible-believing Christians in a growing relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- A love for children. They will be kind, nurturing individuals who enjoy spending time with young people.
- An ability to be a positive role model. They will do their best to live a life that is pleasing to God and therefore serve as a model for our young people.
- A call on his or her life to be a teacher. They will feel that teaching is one of their spiritual gifts and feel a call on their lives to teach and impact the next generation of Christ followers.
- A dedication to the vision and mission of Arborbrook. They will have a thorough understanding of and be in agreement with the vision and mission of the school.
- A teachable spirit. They must be open to training from a supervising teacher and the academic director. A positive attitude and cheerful demeanor should accompany their teachable spirit.
- A four-year college degree preferably in Science.
This specific position also requires:
- A background in Science. A bachelor’s degree in Science is preferred.
- Classroom experience.
- Excellent grammar and the ability to communicate well.
- Teacher training is preferred.
Responsibilities of Science Teacher:
- Plan excellent lessons according to curriculum guide and using approved texts and resources.
- Implement lessons, teaching students Science in a hands-on manner (involving labs, narration, and other creative teaching methodologies).
- Assess students (through lab work, written work, tests, and other assessments)
- Keep grades current in electronic gradebook.
- Meet with parents at parent-teacher conferences in October and with students and parents as needed throughout the year (teachers are asked to have office hours at least one day a week when students can come to them with questions).
- Keep all science materials organized and safe (chemicals must be stored in a chemical safe, etc.).
- Abide by all student safety and child protection policies.
A bachelors degree is required, preferably in an area of Science. Further education is preferred.
Contact Arborbrook Christian Academy