Morning Star Academy
Head of Lower School
The Head of Lower School will plan, coordinate, and supervise the Grammar School stage of classical, Christian education.
The Head of Lower School will direct all Grammar school programs in accordance with policies and procedures as adopted by the Board being an unequivocal advocate of the Headmaster, Board, and their policies, thus: Be responsible for the overall leadership of the Grammar School.
- A sound academic track record in college, preferably including Bible courses.
- Has a strong understanding of and is able to implement the distinctive elements of the classical Christian model of education.
- Five years minimum of experience in a classical Christian school (teaching or administration).
- Ability to work with the Board and Headmaster and to implement Board policies with skill, tact, and loyalty.
- Willingness to be a student of, and explain well, the classical Christian model of education to faculty and parents.
- Good all-around health.
- Able to communicate well to staff, students, parents, the Headmaster and Board.
- Has a servant heart that can work under authority without pride or self-interest.
- Exhibits diligence, organization, promptness, and professionalism.
- Has a sense of humor.
- A “people person” who is gracious, courteous, and friendly.
- Able to receive constructive criticism well and learn from mistakes.
The Head of Lower School must have at minimum a bachelor's degree. An early childhood, childhood development or elementary education degree will be helpful but not necessary. More importantly, any certifications within the realm of classical, Christian education is a plus.
Personal and sick days provided. At this time no health benefits. Retirement possibilities after one year of employment.
Morning Star Academy is located in the Quad-Cities (Rock Island and Moline, Illinois; Bettendorf and Davenport, Iowa) on the Mississippi River. The River has brought a rich history to the area and significant employers namely, John Deere International Headquarters and the army’s Rock Island Arsenal. The Quad-Cities is ranked 7th in the nation for metro areas appealing to millennials. There are thriving downtowns, waterfront venues, the top-named minor league baseball experience in the country, professional orchestra and ballet companies, a first-rate arena with hockey, indoor football and live concerts. And if you need a day-trip to a world class city, Chicago is 2 1/2 hours east.
Contact Morning Star Academy