Sekolah Pelita Harapan
Food Technology Teacher
Teacher should be able to inspire Gr 7-10 students through the design cycle for food production...read more on Job Requirement.
Sekolah Pelita Harapan (School of Light and Hope) is a system of five international Christian K-12 campuses, located around Jakarta in Indonesia. The program is dual language and not ESL, with instruction in both English and Bahasa Indonesia. The schools began in 1993 in response to a need for quality education founded upon Biblical Christian truth. We are committed to the Evangelical Reformed faith and focused on equipping Indonesian young people with a world class education that gives them entry to further study in English language universities all over the world. Across the five schools we teach over 2400 K-12 students using the Cambridge Examination and International Baccalaureate curricular. We currently have 150 expatriate teachers with us, mostly from North America and Australia.
Responsible for teaching Grades 7-10 Food Technology. The teacher will prayerfully guide, direct and assist students to learn attitudes, skills, and content that will contribute to their development as mature, effective, and responsible servant leaders with a Biblical Christian Worldview.
This position involves learning the Middle Years Programme Cambridge. The school provides comprehensive orientation and training. Prior experience is preferred but not required.
- Degree in Education (or degree in suitable subject area plus significant experience in education plus willingness to commit to education degree courses)
- Strong demonstrable Christian faith
- A biblical Christian worldview and understanding of education
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and values of SPH
- Ability to work cooperatively
- A gifting in pastoral care of students
- Discernment and good judgment
- Good administrative skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team
- A commitment to personal and professional growth
Candidate must have a formal teaching degree, teaching credentials, and a few years of teaching experience.
- Pleasant, well-resourced school environments
- Opportunities for on-going teacher development
- A salary in Indonesian Rupiah
- Modest furnished housing at no cost
- Allowance of utilities (water/electricity)
- “Settling in” allowance
- Medical insurance
- Superannuation allowance
- Repatriation costs
Contact Sekolah Pelita Harapan