Heritage Christian Academy
Head of School
Seeking a Head of School to lead HCA into the next season of growth and a deepened focus on Christ-centered excellence.
Heritage Christian Academy (HCA) is seeking a Head of School to guide us into the next season of significant growth (more than 50%) and a deepened focus on Christ-centered excellence. Key responsibilities include spiritual stewardship of HCA's mission, donor development, and promoting HCA within the community.
HCA is a dynamic, growing, evangelical college preparatory school serving more than 600 students and their families in grades PK-12. We are also privileged to have 70 of the very best educators, mentors and administrators that both teach and model on a daily basis Christian faithfulness and maturity with humility, love and enthusiasm. HCA resides on two campuses in the southwestern suburbs of Kansas City. Between the two campuses, HCA shares close to 40 acres of property and boasts beautiful, modern facilities. HCA is a ministry of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
The mission of HCA is to glorify God by serving Christian parents and their children while providing a high quality, Christ-centered educational program marked by academic excellence and the development of a biblical worldview and strong Christian character.
The Head of School is the Chief Executive Officer of HCA, and will be charged with the following duties:
- Steward and propagate the mission of HCA. Establish a culture consistent with HCA’s mission among the school staff, the student body, and the parent community.
- Provide mature spiritual leadership to the staff, students, and broader HCA community.
- Assist Redeemer Presbyterian Church in promoting unity within the school and church communities.
- Lead fund-raising and donor development in support of the strategic plan.
- Establish, implement, and communicate in collaboration with the HCA Board, the strategic plan for the school.
- Promote HCA and its events and activities through ongoing engagement in area churches, school associations, conferences, and community events.
- Manage and direct all staffing related activities and objectives including recruitment, hiring, retention, performance, and development.
- Manage and direct all aspects of school finances and operations.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of school-wide curricular goals.
- Manage and direct school-wide accreditation activities and processes.
An ideal candidate for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- A demonstrated intimate walk with Jesus Christ, active participation in God’s church, and a daily dependence on God expressed through devotion, service, and prayer.
- Personal characteristics of leadership, integrity, humility, enthusiasm, and strength.
- A successful track record leading fund-raising and donor development.
- Broad organizational leadership experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to Christian day school education.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Subscribe to the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
- Be willing to become a member of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
Master's Degree in a relevant field
Medical and Dental coverage
Contact Heritage Christian Academy
Search Committee Chair