Western Michigan Christian School
The Athletic Director shall oversee and manage the athletic department of WMC. This position will also include teaching responsibilities.
The Athletic Director of Western Michigan Christian High School shall be responsible for the following items:
- Manage Athletic Budget and Purchasing.
- Schedule and confirm all league and non-league contests.
- Hire and supervise coaches.
- Schedule registered officials for all home contests.
- Manage the use and maintenance of all uniforms, equipment, and facilities.
- Promote the athletic program with the local media and the student body.
- Oversee the Athletic Booster Club.
- Monitor academic eligibility standards for athletics.
- Represent Western Michigan Christian Middle/High School at all league and MHSAA meetings.
- Teaching responsibilities.
The Athletic Director shall be a highly qualified teacher with the appropriate state certification. The office will be a part of the management team of Western Michigan Christian High School. The candidate must have the ability to communicate with both small and large audiences. This job will place the candidate as the official representative for the athletic program of WMC. Other requirements include but are not limited to the ability to organize reports, hire and supervise coaches, work with schedule star and represent the school at community activities.
- Bachelor Degree or higher. Masters Preferred.
- Minimum of five years of teaching/coaching experience. Administrative experience preferred.
- Valid Michigan Certificate in Secondary Physical Education.
- Ability to develop, organize and implement programs.
Contact Western Michigan Christian School
Samuel Greer Jr.
Phone: (231)799-9644 ext. 233
Fax: (231) 798-9018