Pella Christian Grade School
Pella Christian Schools, a PreK-12 school of approximately 800 students located in Pella, Iowa, has an immediate opening for an admissions director.
The Admissions Director is responsible for representing and marketing the school to parents, prospective parents, and the community to bring in new students and retain current students. This includes managing the entire admission process and events from initial inquiry to enrollment to integration into the school.
The Admissions Director manages a team that operates the marketing, communications, and admissions processes. The Admissions Team consists of the Marketing and Communications team member, an international student program coordinator, and a front desk administrator. The Admissions Director is responsible for directing and leading the team to maximize the efforts of all team members and to employ the strengths and gifts of each member.
The Admissions Director leads the marketing and communications assistant and oversees all marketing material, including print material, online advertisements, website, social media, and all school-wide communication. The Admissions Director will give direction and support to the Marketing and Communications team member, for the marketing of admissions events, school events, and all general school marketing.
The Admissions Director is responsible for the aesthetic presentation and marketing of the school building. Admissions Director runs all admission events and must coordinate details of events including content, set up, refreshments, etc. Admissions Director directs team members to support in all admissions events.
- A credible profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ
- Godly character, as demonstrated by character reference(s)
- Member in good standing of a local church
- Well-spoken, with excellent grammar, diction, vocabulary
- Understanding of and agreement with the mission, philosophy, and pedagogy of Pella Christian School, including the Reformed perspective
- Ability to explain the Pella Christian mission and vision in a compelling way
- Maturity and emotional stability
- Able to keep sensitive information about applicants and families completely confidential
- Ability to lead, manage, and direct a team, make decisions and communicate clearly
- Willing to think strategically and innovate to develop admissions and retention efforts
- Organized and detail-oriented for event planning
- Persuasive personality and motivated to win other’s commitment
- Flexibility-willingness to adapt and change approaches
- Sociable: driven by interacting with people and comfort with initiating a conversation
- High energy level-ability to sustain a high level of activity over extended periods
- Ability to independently identify and act on tasks required to meet goals
- Proficient/literate in the use of applicable technology to support admissions efforts
A more detailed job description is available for interested applicants.
Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred)
Pella Christian Schools offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance and retirement.
Contact Pella Christian Grade School
David Te Grotenhuis
Head of School