Advancement 101 Boot Camp Workshop
Date & TimeThursday, October 08, 2015 to
Friday, October 09, 2015
Location CSI Office, Grand Rapids, MI
Schools hire advancement staff to raise funds, recruit students, and grow their programs, but who trains them, and what are the clear goals and expectations? It's not a surprise that most of these staff leave at about the three-year mark. Joyce Workman, Christian Schools International’s senior mission advancement consultant, will be leading a training workshop at the CSI office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The training workshop will begin on Thursday morning, October 8, with understanding roles and vocabulary. During the rest of Thursday we will delve into recruitment plans, fund-development plans, donor profiles, special events…everything you need to understand how to be a great advancement professional.
The workshop will wrap up on Friday morning with each school working on its plan, setting goals and getting ready to get back to work with understanding and direction! The cost of the workshop will be $85 per school plus $10 per person for Thursday lunch.
Space is limited to the first 20 CSI member schools.
Tentative workshop schedule:
Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- 9:30–10: Welcome, Introductions, Prayer
- 10–11 Advancement Basics: Terms, Objectives, Roles, Responsibilities
- 11–12 Recruitment/Retention: Mapping out the plan for students and families
- 12:00–12:45 Lunch
- 12:45–2 All the Extras: Communication, Special Events, Alumni, Print Materials, Social Media, Saying Thank You
- 2–3:30 Fund Development: Annual Fund, Budget, Tuition vs Cost, Endowment/Foundation, Capital Projects, Roles of Administration, Board, Staff and Volunteers
Friday 8:30–11:30 a.m.
- 8:30–9:30 Review of Thursday
- 9:30–11:00 Each School works on THEIR plan. The Group will be led through this
- 11–11:30 Wrap up