The resources are designed to allow for choice and flexibility. Use them during the week of October 29 – November 5, 2017; extend commemoration activities for a seven-week period, using one of the sub-themes each week as a worship/chapel theme or classroom theme; or use the theme for the duration of the school year, incorporating your own ideas and individual creativity.
There are seven subthemes that are distinctively reformed: community as described in the Old Testament, Scripture alone, faith alone, grace alone, Christ alone, glory to God alone, and community as described in the New Testament. Seven authors have written reflections on each of these sub-themes. The authors are
- Ray Hendriks, Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools;
- Bob DeMoor, pastor emeritus, Edmonton, Alberta;
- Mary Hulst, chaplain, Calvin College;
- Denise Posie, pastor, Christian Reformed Church of North America;
- Wilbert VanDyk, pastor and retired from Calvin Seminary;
- James Schaap, author, Dordt College;
- Jeff Blamer, Christian Schools International.
With each reflection, scripture and suggested songs are provided. Member schools will be mailed booklets in September 2017; additional booklets will be available for a nominal cost for schools that wish to order more for broader distribution. The reflections are also available as a complimentary PDF that may be downloaded and reproduced.
CULTIVATING COMMUNITY BOOKLET
Covers, inserts, and litanies
Schools may choose to use program covers, inserts, and/or a litany for chapels, publications, and/or provide them to churches. Below are the available downloads.