Trinity Christian College
Assistant Director of Physical Plant
Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Physical Plant.
Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Physical Plant. The Assistant Director of Physical Plant assists the Director of Physical Plant in the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Procurement of supplies and equipment from various vendors, using online ordering and physical shopping at the various vendor locations
- Handle all life safety related items (fire alarm and sprinkler systems service and inspections, fire extinguishers, fire pumps, Ansul fire suppression systems, etc.)
- Locate all private utilities on campus, work with J.U.L.I.E. on all other utility locates
- Elevator inspections and repairs
- Oversee the operation and repairs of our snow equipment
- Product research
- Filter inventory lists, bids and ordering
- Lighting, LED upgrades, bids, ordering and maintaining inventory
- Maintain our blueprint inventory
- Trouble shoot various issues and work to correct them
- Manage outside contractors
- Oversee the automated clocks on campus (Science and Clock Tower)
- Work with company that maintains our campus backflows
- Test and maintain emergency lighting throughout campus
- Snow duties as needed, including shoveling, salting, plowing, brushing, blowing, etc.
- Manage work orders and preventative maintenance utilizing our SchoolDude web based program
- Approve and manage our time clock system for staff members
- Work on yearly reviews for the maintenance staff
- Work with various computer software to enhance/maintain our campus maps, work order system, fleet system, etc.
- Work with Physical Plant Director on various projects and coverage as needed
- Other duties as needed
An Associate’s degree (A.A.) or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university with technical training in plant engineering is desired; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. Progressive experience and responsibility in the maintenance field in a similar maintenance/plant related position desired.
Other qualifications include:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, students, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Valid US driver’s license
- Use of calculator and other office equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitudes and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to define and solve problems quickly.
- Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with all current health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well with changing priorities and situations.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload a cover letter, faith statement and resume during the online application process.
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE
Contact Trinity Christian College
Payroll Administrator/HR Assistant