Westminster Christian Academy
Assistant Head of Institutional Advancement
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking an Assistant Head of Institutional Advancement to join our Advancement team.
- Develop and execute an annual plan for the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts prospects.
- Identify and cultivate prospects who can make significant gifts, both outright and deferred, throughout the local community and beyond.
- Maintain relationships with a portfolio of major donors, cultivating them toward meaningful support of the school.
- Facilitate personal visits and meetings with prospects and donors.
- Engage others, such as the head of school and other key personnel, as appropriate, in building and advancing relationships with prospects.
- Initiate and oversee the advancement team planned giving efforts.
- Maintain records of interactions, tracking stages of relationship building leading to solicitations.
- Participate in review sessions, reporting updates, and committee meetings to set strategy for institutional advancement success.
- Create individualized plans to acknowledge donor support.
- Interface regularly with other school offices including alumni relations, parent relations, admissions, finance, communications, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of three years’ experience involving direct solicitation of prospects.
- Proven ability to secure support at the major gifts level.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent multitasking abilities.
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn and navigate new systems.
Contact Westminster Christian Academy