Trinitas Classical School
This part-time teacher provides instruction to students in Grades 5-8 and engages local, state, and national opportunities for the Latin program.
This part-time teacher provides instruction to students in Grades 5-8, all of whom come with at least two years of Latin coursework. Enhancements to the curriculum are expected, including studies of history, mythology, and culture, preparation and performance of plays in Latin for younger children, and preparation for Michigan Junior Classical League, the National Latin Exam, and the National Mythology Exam.
This position requires availability during the school day Monday through Friday for up to three course periods a day. Historically, courses have been blocked together with a break for lunch in between.
Attendance at all school events (i.e., Information Nights, Festivals, Meets, Conferences, etc.) is expected.
All teachers and staff must
- Profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and maintain a membership in good standing in a local Christian congregation.
- Agree with Trinitas’s statement of faith.
- Agree with and be willing to support Trinitas’s mission statement and related policies.
- Possess appropriate knowledge of subject matter and demonstrate the ability to teach.
- Have conviction regarding the significant value of the classical method of teaching.
Ability to teach Latin at a high school level is required for this position. Preference will be given to those candidates who have at least three years of teaching experience and have particular experience in classical education.
Trinitas Classical School is a community of Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant Christians committed to educating children in an environment that is academically challenging and joyful. Trinitas offers substantive classes for both full-time and homeschool students grades K-8. For more information about our school, please visit our website: www.trinitasclassical.org.
Contact Trinitas Classical School