Mustard Seed School
Early Childhood Teacher
The classroom teacher designs academic instruction and develops a classroom community to further the mission of Mustard Seed School.
1.Curriculum and Instruction
- Teach passionately. Demonstrate passion for the academic content and developing the whole child.
- Design educational unit and lesson plans that are appropriate to the grade level and developmental needs of students that
- implement a progressive philosophy of education informed by the Reggio Emilia approach
- reflect relevant standards
- further an experiential approach to education
- promote critical, creative, and deep thinking
- weave interdisciplinary content and skills together
- use an Understanding by Design model.
- Choose content and strategies that help students to see, respect, and value diversity, including learning style diversity.
- Select and regularly use various and effective means of assessment to measure students’ learning and inform instruction.
- Cultivate and assess students’ habits of Heart and Mind and Learning and Work as well as academic progress.
- Organize educational field trips and expert visits that meaningfully extend students’ learning outside the walls of the classroom.
- Implement service plans for students who qualify for special services and refer students who are in need of more thorough evaluation. Work as a team with learning specialists and support staff.
2.School Culture and Environment
- Honor each person as a unique and beloved child of God deserving a safe, strong, and beautiful learning community.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Promote rich and productive student collaboration.
- Value the aesthetic of the classroom and use student art and work to document and express the process of learning.
- Establish a climate of order, caring, and safety in all areas inside and outside of the school building.
- Practice the pedagogical framework outlined in the Twelve Affirmations.
3.Management and Professional Responsibilities
- Maintain records of student assessments.
- Honor the commitments that are expressed in Mustard Seed School handbooks.
- Collaborate with colleagues during scheduled team meetings and during impromptu conversations/investigations.
- Attend, support, and plan outside-school-hours events listed in the Staff Handbook.
- Take responsibility for other tasks directors assign.
4.Parent and Student Relations, Documentation, and Communication
- Communicate with parents about classroom activities and expectations through established formats such as a weekly classroom blog, email, newsletter or daily journal.
- Update parents regularly about their child’s progress and needs through email, notes, phone calls, conversations, midterms, and progress reports.
- Schedule, attend, and document parent conferences throughout the year.
- Guard the privacy of children and families by keeping all discussions of a child’s behavior, progress, grades, academic struggles, medical conditions, school records, or family situations confidential.
- Document and report unusual incidents or patterns of student behavior. Document accidents and injuries. Document parent communication.
- Function as a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse or neglect.
5.Worship and Service Leadership
- Lead community worship and help develop worship themes.
- As a classroom community create times of meditation, reflection, and prayer.
- Organize and plan for student service and leadership, including annual celebrations, service projects, and other activities.
- Develop as a reflective teacher through goal-setting, cultivation of Habits of Heart and Mind, Learning and Work, staff evaluation, team meetings, self reflection, and research.
- Actively participate in a Christian worshiping community.
- Use professional development, conferences, reading, and professional visits to keep current on issues relating to schooling and Christian education.
BA in a early childhood education from an accredited college or university
Able to work in the USA
Professional Development funding
Contact Mustard Seed School
Head of School