Highland Christian School
Bus Driver/Substitute Bus Driver
Highland Christian School is looking for a Bus Driver and/or Substitute Bus Drivers.
Are you seeking to be part of a community that strives to serve the Lord and His children? Do you desire to be a part of a highly collaborative and communal staff? Do you have ambitions to use your gifts and talents in a marriage of curriculum, standards, and best practice to impact the world for Christ?
Highland Christian is a PreK-8th grade building that serves a diverse group of over 450 students. As a nationally acclaimed “Model PLC School”, Highland Christian’s focus on collaboration is highly celebrated and the key to obtaining a “Grade A” from the state of Indiana. Within student-centered classrooms, teams of teachers are results oriented to ensure all students grow and perform at high levels. Highland Christian School is looking for a Bus Driver and/or Substitute Bus Drivers. The ideal candidate will be available for school days from 6:30 8:30 AM and from 3:00–5:00 PM. Other routes may be available for field trips and athletic events. If you have questions about this position, or would like to express interest, please contact Kyle Weener at email@example.com.
To learn more about Highland Christian, please view this video: https://vimeo.com/391001511 Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and teacher application to Kyle
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a minimum 3 years driving experience.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s Licenses.
- Meet all local and state requirements and company background.
- Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee.
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention and considerable dexterity in the control of the school bus/van.
- Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and work habits.
- Ability to maintain effective pupil behavior management over school-age children.
- Active member of an evangelical, Protestant, Christian Church.
Contact Highland Christian School
Phone: 219-838-0356 x157