Sheboygan Christian School
Director of Advancement and Finance
The Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the advancement of SCS and the day-to-day business operations of the school.
- Overall Organization Advancement - The Director will continually seek to improve advancement programs and trends based on continuing education, best practice, and research. Director will also seek professional advice from mentors and key committee members to pursue excellence in advancement for Sheboygan Christian School. They will work with the Director of Academics and School Board in drafting an aggressive plan with objectives, goals, methods, and a reasonable timeline for all operational, small and large capital projects, and endowment funding. Assist in the development and implementation of school policy review/revision in conjunction with the Director of Academics and Instruction, and provide a leadership role in communicating these as needed to owned constituencies.
- Student Advancement - Oversee promotion of Sheboygan Christian School to prospective families with the assistance of the Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator. Responsible to research and recommend new income sources for the school, and work with the Director of Academics and Instruction to recruit and transition international students.
- Donor Advancement - Coordinate giving programs such as Capital Campaign projects, Annual Drives, and other fundraising activities within Sheboygan Christian School. Schedule visits with donors and supporters of Christian education; seek to expand donor base of SCS; Oversee Kindful database, and pursue and write grants.
- Public Relations Advancement - Coordinate the production and distribution of public relations materials with the Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator. Regularly and actively engage all stakeholders - students, parents, staff, faculty, volunteers, and constituents - for feedback for continuous improvement and innovation. Communicate to the school constituency and the community the accomplishments, concerns, and needs of the school (i.e. blogs). Meet with business and civic groups to explain the purpose of Christ-centered education. Encourage pastors and church councils to promote SCS; help manage the public image of SCS, including ensuring that an appropriate person represents the school at various public events and settings, and proactively seeking out media and public relations opportunities.
- Estate Planning Advancement - Schedule and follow-up for estate planning appointments through foundations. Encourage philanthropic giving and endowment giving to ensure the long-term future of the school.
- Alumni Advancement - Oversee maintaining of an alumni database and coordinate communication with graduates and planning committees for class reunions or other school related activities.
- Collaborate with and provide assistance to the Director of Academics and the Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator in whatever capacity is needed.
- Supervision of support staff (utilizing current secretarial staff) in maintaining donor records, contact notes, mailings, special event set-up, preparation of promotional packets, and other duties as assigned in collaboration with administration.
- Report monthly to the Sheboygan Christian School Board of Directors as directed by the Board.
- Oversee Financial Activities - School Purchasing, Banking Activities, Payroll and Benefits, Tuition Records, Tuition Assistance program, Monthly financial reporting.
- Ensure that the accounting procedures within the school system meet all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide for the securing of an annual audit of the school's financial records and financial positions. Work with Finance Manager to reconcile all accounts and gather all the information necessary for the annual audit.
- Work with Director of Academics and the Finance Committee to coordinate the development and monitoring of the school budget.
- Review the monthly operating statement for the Director of Academics and the School Board.
- Review prepared tax forms for employees and personal service subcontractors.
- Responsible for disbursement of scholarship funds/tuition assistance based upon established guidelines and budgeted funds.
- Maintain appropriate records of time allotments and financial records tied to the position.
- Assist the Director of Academics with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel, including the development of contract/addendum and evaluation of support staff.
- Responsible for hiring and dismissal of all support staff.
- With the assistance of the Director of Academics, prepare and edit the Employee Handbook.
- Complete the annual review of staff health insurance & ensure that the appropriate plans are in place and within budget.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information.
- A committed Christian with the ability to clearly articulate a vision for Christian education; agrees with the mission and vision statements of Sheboygan Christian School.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and ability to connect with people of different ages and backgrounds.
- Self-motivation, initiative, and leadership abilities.
- Ability to manage staff members and work effectively with peers in a cooperative team environment; has history of retaining and developing staff members and developing strong internal and external relationships.
- Generous person with a good understanding of biblical stewardship; one who demonstrates this in his/her personal life.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Sales and promotional skills.
- Ability to comfortably meet with people and share the story of SCS.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks in a dynamic setting.
- Will enroll own school age children at Sheboygan Christian School and/or Oostburg Christian School.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of fundraising, business, finance, nonprofit management, or other related fields.
Annual salary is based on qualifications and experience. Annual performance assessment to be conducted by the administration in consultation with the Executive Committee of the SCS School Board.
Expense Account to cover costs of travel, meals, and lodging for work related to Finance and Advancement.
Contact Sheboygan Christian School
Director of Academics and Instruction
Phone: 920.458.9981 x302