Bradenton Christian School
High School Learning Services Teacher
We are looking for a committed follower of Jesus, called to Christian education and has experience integrating faith and learning in the classroom.
We are glad you are exploring our High School Learning Services Teacher job. We invite you to consider a career at Bradenton Christian School! We are a FANTASTIC place to work as we pursue our mission to prepare the hearts and minds of God's children. All teachers are required to have a Bachelor's Degree, be certified/or certifiable in the State of Florida. All teachers must have a strong Christian walk in order to mentor and model for their students what it means to be a follower of Christ. We are looking for teachers who are becoming experts in their field, who are intellectually curious, and who are ready to integrate faith with excellent academics while providing a safe an healthy learning environment.
- Teach from a Christian world view and share Biblical truth with students
- Assist with identifying students who qualify for learning services
- Support reading and math remediation in a classroom setting
- Use data to evaluate student progress
- Keep accurate records of all students with IEPs, 504 plans or psychological evaluations and communicate those plans to the classroom teachers
- Identify learning strategies and determine necessary interventions to address individual student’s academic gaps
- Provide teachers with accommodation suggestions to aide in student learning
- Assist teachers with implementation of student accommodations
- Provide testing support with accommodations
- Advocate for students as the high school’s representative at district Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings when necessary
- Partner with and make recommendation to parents for help in educating the student
- Develop a model for enrichment services that includes scheduling and balancing competing teacher and student priorities
- Participate in team meetings to discuss resources for at-risk students
- Attend parent-teacher conferences if requested by either party
- Partner with the admissions office to review entrance testing and cumulative files for all new students and deliver those results to the classroom teachers
- Ensure necessary curricular materials are available for utilization in the resource room
- FL Teaching Certificate or Statement of Eligibility
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, education degree preferred
- ESE Certification or Reading Endorsement preferred
- Classroom teaching experience
- Experience with remediation, intervention, and small group instruction
- Experience working with student IEP’s and/or 504 plans preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a desire to help and serve others
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
Health Dental, and Vision Insurance, Retirement Benefits, and Tuition Discounts Available.
Bradenton Christian School exists to prepare the hearts and minds of God’s children for service in His world, and this cannot happen without teachers who have a passion to know Jesus and make Him known. With daily Bible classes, weekly chapels and teaching every subject area through the lens of a Biblical worldview, Bradenton Christian school is Christ-centered in everything we do. We serve over 900 students in grades preschool through 12th grade. We are a member of Christian Schools International (CSI), Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and are accredited by Christian Schools of Florida (CSF). We are a college prep school with high academic standards and an interdenominational school family representing more than 90 different churches. Established in 1960, our elementary, middle and high schools lie on a beautiful, twenty-four acre campus on the west coast of Florida just minutes from the white sand beaches of Anna Maria Island.
Contact Bradenton Christian School