San Antonio Christian School
High School Principal
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, spiritually mature high school principal, who is committed to pursue God’s excellence in all things.
San Antonio Christian School seeks a highly motivated, experienced, spiritually mature high school principal, who is committed to pursue God’s excellence in all things. The principal sets the tone and vision for all the high school’s academic and extracurricular programming. This person will lead a high school faculty community deeply rooted in biblical truth and passionately dedicated to discipling the next generation of servant leaders to develop the gifts and talents that God has imparted into their lives. This person shall be spiritually mature and shall instill a life of Faith, Character, and Academic Excellence in the life of our students and faculty while modeling our mission of fostering a life of faith and service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities for this position, but are not limited, to:
- Nurture the spiritual formation and support of our students alongside the Spiritual Life Team in a deep love and devotion to God.
- Mentor, disciple, and equip students through various vehicles, including student groups, student organizations, service learning, spiritual formation disciplines, services, ceremonies, co-curricular teams, and other aspects of student life.
- Shepherd the faculty, families, and students in a counter-culture atmosphere of biblical worldview teaching and learning.
- Mentor faculty to achieve personal growth through identifying and developing gifts and talents that open additional opportunities for areas of ministry on campus.
- Facilitate consistent and clear communication of expectations, school culture, and discipline with students, staff, and families and gracefully resolve challenges.
- Facilitate through dynamic leadership team building and collaborative with parents, faculty, and staff to support school initiatives.
- Help to provide leadership and oversight for all athletic programming.
- Help supervise athletic events, evening school functions, and attend school-related community events on and off campus as needed.
- Help manage field trips, out-of-state trips, and related transportation requests.
- Instill an academically creative faculty community in the student’s faith, character, and academic excellence.
- Continually build upon a strong knowledge of best practices for secondary programs, assessing current level of programming, instruction, class offerings, technology, and curriculum to ensure students are prepared well for college.
- Provide research, input, and vision into the design and development of our current programs, to develop a plan that ensures high levels of student growth and achievement for every student at all learning levels.
- Provide new and outside-of-the-box thinking to support the goals of the school using technology and digital integration in the classroom.
- Advocate for high levels of learning for all students, including students identified as gifted, students with disabilities and at-risk students.
- Promote and value a healthy balance across all school programming including academics, fine arts, and athletics.
- Create a positive, nurturing, and enjoyable learning environment rooted in Christian beliefs for all high school students.
- Work closely with parents, faculty, resource, and counseling staff to assess the needs and plan of action for all students under his/her care.
- Manage relational and redemptive student discipline that seeks an inward transformation heart change and not just an outward compliance.
- Skilled at Biblically based conflict resolution.
- Develop and grow relationships with students, staff, and families, understanding their perspectives, needs, and how to best support and encourage them.
- Develops a culture that equips, supports, and develops leadership skills for staff, faculty, and students.
- Instill confidence in qualified staff to perform their responsibilities, develop staff ownership, and ensure a balance in the distribution of duties focused with a focus on professional collaboration.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the senior-level leadership team.
- Be visible to the SACS (San Antonio Christian School) and San Antonio communities, developing positive relationships and partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Facilitate the articulation and realization of a shared vision of continuous improvement.
- Provide input to the formation of the school’s long-range strategic plan.
- Help to create a shared vision and clear goals for their schools and ensure continuous progress toward achieving the goals.
- Faithful steward of the schools’ budgetary expenditures and provides input to the CFO for the annual budget.
- Understand, uphold, and model professional ethics, policies, and legal codes of professional conduct.
- Work with HR and the Leadership Team to help recruit, hire, and orientate new employees.
- Ensure that all personnel files are current, treated with appropriate confidentiality, and adequately safeguarded.
- Provide a good learning environment by keeping the proper discipline on the school premises.
- Manages school safety and security processes including crisis management procedures.
Support the school’s mission and leadership and is active in the life and culture of the school community.
- Comply with the conditions as stated in the employee contract, code of conduct, and employee handbook.
- Show support and high esteem for San Antonio Christian School, its Staff, and the Board of Directors.
- Represent the school and its philosophy in a favorable and professional manner to the school family and the public.
- Participate in the school’s development programs and activities in constituency relations, fundraising, and student recruitment and retention.
- Maintain and build relationships to serve as a Biblical/spiritual mentor.
- Support and help lead efforts of diversity and cultural awareness from a Biblical worldview.
- Attend staff meetings and training programs as deemed necessary by the school administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A born-again Christian with an evidenced deep, mature, and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Master’s degree in education, leadership, or related field.
- Experience in a Christian School environment or classroom is required.
- Obvious love and desire to communicate the Gospel of Christ to young people.
- Excellent customer service skills, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly relational with an established record of cultivating strong, appropriate relationships with students and adults.
- Agree and live by the school’s lifestyle and faith statements as a condition for employment and continued employment in this ministry.
- Active member of a local evangelical church.
- Strong educational preparation in matters related to Biblical Theology.
- PC proficient with knowledge of standard software and a high level of social media competency.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
Spiritual and Professional Qualities
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others.
- Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, judgment, and integrity in all personal and professional matters.
- Maintains a positive and joyful outlook/mentality.
- Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority. Listen and respond to counsel.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, flexibility, and optimism.
- Demonstrate the importance of discernment, discretion, and confidentiality concerning the sharing of information.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness and modesty consistent with school policy.
- A sincere appreciation for the diversity within conservative, orthodox Christianity.
- Be willing to participate in continuing education opportunities that will increase proficiency and job skills.
- Model good attendance and punctuality.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For this position an employee must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Use repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
- Stoop, bend, push, kneel, squat, pull, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
- Exercise mobility to promptly move around campus.
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
- Lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Be outdoors for extended periods of time year-round.
- Travel locally, as well as nationally as needed.
- Health Insurance - 100% Employer-paid Individual Health Insurance for employees
- Tuition Discount - 50% Tuition Discount for children of full-time staff
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer-paid Long-term Disability Insurance for employees
- Matching 401K - Matching 401k Retirement Plan up to 4% for eligible employees
- Life Insurance - 100% Employer-paid Group Life/AD&D Insurance for employees
- Paid Time Off - Paid time off for personal, vacation, and sick leave
Contact San Antonio Christian School