Valley Christian Schools
Junior High Science Teacher
The Junior High Science teacher is responsible for instructing 7th grade students in Life Science and 8th grade students in Physical Science.
The Junior High Science teacher is responsible for instructing 7th grade students in Life Science and 8th grade students in Physical Science. Physical Science is comprised of a semester of JH Physics and JH Chemistry. Additionally, the Science teacher is responsible to teach an elective class during elective periods. The Science teacher also displays a deep knowledge of Scripture and how it applies to the lives of students. This includes an ability to demonstrate a passion for ministering to students. The candidate must be a professing and maturing Christian enthusiastically supporting Valley Christian's statement of faith and mission statements. This position begins in July for the 2023/2024 school year.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Display a deep knowledge of 7th and 8th grade Life and Physical Science and teach it from a Biblical perspective
- Display the ability to connect Biblical truth to students lives
- Demonstrate a passion for ministering to students through teaching, counseling, encouragement, and mentoring
- Teach assigned subject/grade utilizing the best practices and following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the Administrator/Principal
- Promote student engagement to inspire and encourage progress while supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student
- Maintain a healthy learning environment for the students in the classroom by using appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules
- Maintain records by documenting learning accomplishments, attendance, incidents, and behavior in accordance with guidelines and policies
- Establish and adjust course syllabi outlines and objectives by following curriculum guidelines and school goals, modifying plans on the basis of student diagnostic and assessment procedures
- Attend professional development workshops provided by Valley Christian Schools
- Exercise open and respectful communication with students, families, co-workers, and supervisors
- Adheres to and honors Valley Christians standards, policies, procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Performs other related assigned duties
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is a consistent testimony among others
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs are in agreement with our school
- Agree to uphold Valley Christian’s Statement of Faith as provided in this job posting
- Must have and maintain a valid level one IVP fingerprint card
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to multitask with organization
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work during prolonged periods of standing and walking at events
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Must be able to travel in state between campuses, to vendors, and to related events
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college is required
- Master's Degree and 3+ years teaching experience preferred
- Attain ACSI Standard Certification within three years of employment
Full-time employees are eligible for company benefits. We offer the following:
- Medical plans provided at little to no cost for employee only plans. Family member coverage is available at additional expense to you. Some plans come with HSA or FSA accounts as an option.
- Dental and vision plan are available for you and your family at your expense.
- A 401(k)-plan option is available to you with a School match of up to 4%.
- Paid Time Off is provided in the form of school closures, holidays, sick and personal days.
- Free estate planning is available.
- School Tuition discount for children enrolled at a Valley Christian school.
Contact Valley Christian Schools