Abbotsford Christian School Society
Grade 2 Teacher
Abbotsford Christian School is accepting applications for a part-time/job share grade 2 teacher for the 2023-24 school year.
The ideal applicant would have the following characteristics:
- Friendly, even-tempered, and a servant-hearted attitude toward staff, parents, and students
- Deep and disciplined understanding of the Christian worldview
- Relational, adaptable, professional, confident, and optimistic
- Knowledge of or familiarity with a phonics based structured literacy program
- Experience with Project Based Learning, Deeper Learning and/or Inquiry-Based Learning
- Strong interest and competence with integrating educational technology in the classroom
- Confident communication skills with parents, students, and staff/coworkers
The applicant must:
- Have a clear understanding of Christian education
- Practice and demonstrate evidence of a strong commitment to the Christian faith
- Hold, or be eligible for, a valid BC Teaching Certificate and meet the requirements of the ACS Employment of Teachers Contract
- Practice strong collaboration skills and enjoy working in a team
- Be able to confidently teach in a primary classroom
- Establish positive working relationships with school staff, community partners, families, and children.
- With the classroom colleagues, plan and maintain a learning environment that promotes the health, security, and well-being of children.
Contact Abbotsford Christian School Society