Lakeland Christian School
Director of Upper School Spiritual Cultivation and Biblical Leadership
Lakeland Christian School is seeking a key member of its Student Life Team to lead the spiritual cultivation of our Upper School(6-12) students.
The Director of Upper School Spiritual Cultivation and Biblical Leadership will lead the development of a robust and engaging Upper School chapel, student discipleship, and worship experience and develop and implement a curricular and student life framework for Biblical leadership. The ideal candidate will build relationships with underclassmen teaching 3 sections of 10th grade Bible with a target of developing a Biblical leadership program for 9th and 10th grade students aspiring to or identified as possessing leadership.
- Be a born-again believer, maintaining a testimony that is above reproach, active in a local, evangelical, church fellowship.
- Understanding of and appreciation for discipleship and the developmental needs of students.
- Ability to teach utilizing multiple modalities.
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential & sensitive student/family matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Clearly articulated philosophy of developmentally appropriate student spiritual cultivation.
- Clearly articulated philosophy of Biblical leadership and service.
- Vision and passion Christ-centered community.
- Agreement and alignment with the Lakeland Christian School Mission, Statement of Faith and Core Values.
Supervision and Teaching:
- Middle and High School Chapel services.
- Our campus student praise and worship team.(We have a staff musician/worship leader to train our students)
- Philosophy of Biblical leadership.
- Three 10th grade Bible classes with a content focus on Reformation doctrine and the Epistles.
- Student leadership retreat content planning for Biblical framework.
- The curriculum for a Biblical leadership course to be offered as part of our Bible program.
- Discipleship curriculum and training for the Middle School advisory program, teachers, and coaches.
- In conjunction with the High School Assistant Principal, develop experiential education and travel opportunities that support student discipleship, missions, and service.
- In support of the Middle School and High School Assistant Principals, engage students demonstrating detrimental patterns of behavior.
- Oversight of on-campus Bible study groups.
- Partnerships with youth pastors and by extension their churches in the discipleship of the members of their youth groups.
- MS and HS Chapel services.
- 6-12 Upper School worship.
- 6-12 student leadership education.
- Mentorship/discipleship programming.
- College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Bible, Christian ministry, or related field. Master’s degree in leadership, theology or divinity, Biblical counseling, or a ministry related field preferable.
- A minimum of 8 years combined experience in ministry related field, student leadership and teaching.
- Minimum of 12 hours of Bible course work at the undergraduate or graduate level with associated degree.
In addition to providing generous tuition remission, health, retirement and continuing education benefits, we are 58 miles from Ana Maria Island, 30 miles from downtown Tampa Bay, and 35 miles from Disney World, not to mention Florida's best large town/small city.
Contact Lakeland Christian School