Lakeland Christian School
Director of Upper School Academics
The 6-12 academic program leader, with direct oversight of faculty, curriculum, instruction, academic support and academic policy.
Working closely with the Head of School and building level leaders, the Upper School (6-12) Director of Academics will provide dynamic leadership with respect to faculty supervision and evaluation, the development of a robust, Biblically integrated curriculum reflecting our Mission and Core Values, the cultivation of instruction reflecting a commitment to the student as an image bearer and "best practice" instructional research and application, and the effective implementation of instruction and curriculum to support every student in our school community.
The interested candidate will possess the following attributes and qualifications:
- A follower of Jesus actively in engaged in a local evangelical church, maintaining a testimony that is above reproach
- A minimum of 5 years classroom experience and 2 years administrative experience that includes supervision of faculty at the middle or high school level
- A collaborative, collegial leadership style
- A capacity to lead and develop teams
- Initiative and creativity
- Demonstrated strength communicating in verbal and written form
- A capacity for conflict resolution
- Understanding of and appreciation for discipleship in the context of the classroom
- Instructional technology competencies
- A comprehensive philosophy of Christian education in the Reformed tradition
- Agreement and alignment with the Lakeland Christian School Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, and Core Values.
The interested candidate will have the opportunity to develop and lead:
- Curriculum design and delivery utilizing the UbD framework
- The faculty supervision and evaluation process
- Faculty professional development
- Academic initiatives
- The strategic academic plan
- The Upper School Academic Leadership Team
- New teacher induction
- The ACSI certification process
- Academic policy and process
Master's degree in Educational Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction
Lakeland Christian School offers health, dental, retirement, tuition remission, and continuing education benefits.
Contact Lakeland Christian School
Head of School, June 2023