Annapolis Area Christian School
Director of Summer Programs
Seeking a Director of AACS Summer Programs to provide leadership and guidance to faithfully steward the school’s summer program.
The Director of AACS Summer Programs provides leadership and guidance to faithfully steward the school’s personnel and facility resources, to practically support our current school community, and to strategically reach a broader community by offering meaningful, gospel-centered, high-quality camp options that add value for prospective families and introduce them to Jesus and to our school via an organic connection.
This is a 12-month position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan the summer schedule by developing Eagles Exploration themes, recruiting AACS faculty and staff to run specialty camps, arranging schedules to include sports camps run by varsity coaches, and validating space assignments.
- Manage Eagles Exploration website and produce camp brochure including developing copy, printing, and mailing.
- Oversee online registration and payments to maximize enrollment. Respond promptly, in a professional manner, to inquiries, questions, and issues.
- Implement effective recruiting and hiring strategies that create a strong qualified team of summer camp counselors.
- Train and manage camp staff prior to summer camp launch and throughout the camp season.
- Manage the Eagles Exploration budget including staff timekeeping, payroll, and specialty camp payments according to AACS Human Resources & Accounting procedures.
- Assist with program planning and communication for Eagles Enrichment Sports Programs.
- Provide childcare to AACS faculty/staff children during Professional Development days.
- Assist with program planning and communication for Fall student life events.
- Be on call to act as a substitute teacher.
Education, Training, Certification:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience supervising multiple colleagues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Three (3) or more years of summer camp/programs management preferred
- Computer competency and experience including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey
- Strategic time management
- Ability to hire competent staff
- Financial planning
Annapolis Area Christian Employees also enjoy many benefits including:
- Paid Spring and Christmas Break, Other Holidays, and Annual Leave
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Discount for Children
- And much more!
Contact Annapolis Area Christian School