Beaver County Christian School
K-5 Learning Support Coordinator
Partner with parents and teachers in fostering a climate for all students to achieve their God-given potential through learning.
Learning Support Teacher (Coordinator) for Grades K-5
The purpose of this position is to partner with parents and teachers in fostering a climate for all students to achieve their God-given potential through differentiation, curriculum development, and small group instruction with competence and compassion.
While this description serves to outline many of the expectations for this position, BCCS strives to build a team of professionals who work beyond job descriptions, are enthusiastic to be part of the BCCS faculty and staff, and are ready to work together to develop, operate, and maintain a challenging, excellent educational program reflecting a Christian world and life view in an environment that stresses compassion and responsibility.
The Learning Support Coordinator will report directly to the K-8 Principal in addition to the K-12 Director of Student Learning.
- Provide direct instruction for students requiring alternate curriculum.
- Support teachers and students by reinforcing the instruction taught in the classroom to students. This can include both push-in and pull-out support as needed.
- Manage support schedules including coordination of paraprofessionals and therapists.
- Develop and manage identified student plans (ESPs and SSPs) in collaboration with the Director of Student Learning.
- Record progress report for students with designated annual goals.
- Under direction of Director of Student Learning, serve as liaison between local school districts and BCCS faculty with regard to collecting data and scheduling meetings.
- Implement necessary accommodations and modifications.
- Develop an understanding of the general curriculum in assigned building grades to effectively assist students and teachers.
- Assist Director of Student Learning in organizing standardized testing accommodations.
- Promote independence and self-advocacy among students.
- Foster positive social interactions through student and peer education.
- Handle all interactions with families with grace and professionalism.
- Handle stressful situations with patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Continue intellectual and professional development
- Encourage all students as uniquely gifted by God
- Other responsibilities as assigned by BCCS administration
- Demonstration of Christian faith by being able to express specific knowledge of the Bible and its application to subject area(s); practice daily devotions of prayer, reading of God's Word and meditation; give Christian service to others both within and outside the school; model an exemplary Christian walk in speech and acts and submit to authority out of obedience to Christ.
- Agreement with Articles II and III of the Constitution and have a credible profession of faith and active membership in a church that agrees with the school’s statement of faith.
- Observes the Additional Personal Qualities found listed in the Teacher Job Description and follows Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, and administration
- Follows the conflict resolution process summarized in Peacemaker Ministries
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Arts in special education (or related)
- Current special education certification (or related)
- Elementary education certification
All candidates must have:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Teacher certification (can only be waived by the Head of Schools)
- At least 2 years of experience working in special education is preferred
- Commitment to further education in the field
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn about and apply various classroom management techniques
This is a full-time, salary position. The schedule is determined annually based upon program needs as assigned by the K-8 building principal.
Contact Beaver County Christian School