Arborbrook Christian Academy
Upper School Math Teacher
Arborbrook Christian Academy is seeking an Upper School Math Teacher capable of teaching various courses from 7th–12th grade.
Arborbrook Christian Academy in Matthews, NC is seeking an upper school math teacher capable of teaching various courses from 7th – 12th grade. We are seeking to add an additional teacher to our math department. Course selection would be based on experience and areas of interest. The position includes planning lessons, grading papers, and engaging with students in a positive way.
Our school is a four-day a week Charlotte Mason Christian school and our hours are 8:30-3:00 so we try to use the time with students well. Class sizes are small at Arborbrook, with a maximum of 18 students per section.
All teachers must have:
- A heart for God. They will be born-again, Bible-believing Christians in a growing relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- A love for children. They will be kind, nurturing individuals who enjoy spending time with young people.
- An ability to be a positive role model. They will do their best to live a life that is pleasing to God and therefore serve as a model for our young people.
- A call on his or her life to be a teacher. They will feel that teaching is one of their spiritual gifts and feel a call on their lives to teach and impact the next generation of Christ followers.
- A dedication to the vision and mission of Arborbrook. They will have a thorough understanding of and be in agreement with the vision and mission of the school.
- A teachable spirit. They must be open to training from a supervising teacher and the academic director. A positive attitude and cheerful demeanor should accompany their teachable spirit.
- A four-year college degree preferably in Mathematics.
This specific position also requires:
- A background in Math. A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Math is required; further education is desirable.
- Classroom experience.
- Excellent grammar and the ability to communicate well.
- Teacher training is preferred.
Contact Arborbrook Christian Academy