Arborbrook Christian Academy
High School Spanish Teacher
Arborbrook Christian Academy is seeking a Spanish Teacher who teaches Spanish I and Spanish II (9th-10th grades).
Arborbrook Christian Academy in Matthews, NC is seeking a Spanish teacher who teaches Spanish I and Spanish II (9th -10th grades). This teacher would be responsible for teaching two 9th and 10th grade Spanish classes, one college prep and one honors class of each course. All high school classes meet in block periods every other day. The position includes planning lessons, grading papers, and engaging with students in a positive way.
Our school is a four-day a week Christian school (no school on Fridays), and our hours are 8:30-3:00 in 7th -12th grades so we try to use the time with students well. Class sizes are small at Arborbrook, with a maximum of 18 students per section at the high school level.
All teachers must have:
- A heart for God. They will be born-again, Bible-believing Christians in a growing relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- A love for children. They will be kind, nurturing individuals who enjoy spending time with young people.
- An ability to be a positive role model. They will do their best to live a life that is pleasing to God and therefore serve as a model for our young people.
- A call on his or her life to be a teacher. They will feel that teaching is one of their spiritual gifts and feel a call on their lives to teach and impact the next generation of Christ followers.
- A dedication to the vision and mission of Arborbrook. They will have a thorough understanding of and be in agreement with the vision and mission of the school.
- A teachable spirit. They must be open to training from a supervising teacher and the academic director. A positive attitude and cheerful demeanor should accompany their teachable spirit.
- A four-year college degree preferably in Spanish.
This specific position also requires:
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Excellent grammar and the ability to communicate well.
- Classroom experience.
- Teacher training is preferred.
A bachelors degree is required. Further education is desired.
Contact Arborbrook Christian Academy