Caribbean Mountain Academy
Within these responsibilities, a Teacher will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by utilizing and implementing biblical precepts and scripture.
- Teach students using CMA approved computer software
- Plan and organize instruction to achieve general and course outcomes based on student’s ability
- Provides effective instruction using a variety of strategies which bring about desired student outcomes
- Organize and manage the classroom environment to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with students, supervisor, and other Crosswinds staff
- Implement a learning plan for each student
- Process a student’s transition back to his/her home school and/or graduation
- Raise support for ministry. Some negotiation is possible including partial support and partial salary.
Examples of Tasks
- Provide opportunities for residents to present their work
- Utilize the educational computerized software in teaching
- Research educational needs for each student
- Work with home school for transcripts and graduation requirements
- Write letters and raise support
- Perform any other miscellaneous duties, as assigned by the CMA Director including participation with students during activities. These activities may include: beach trips, horseback riding, hiking to waterfalls, community service projects (building houses, ghetto outreach, remote village evangelism, orphanage play, etc), athletic games, special events, white water rafting and obstacle course.
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- Two years teaching experience
- Applicable teaching license from State agency
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in teaching environment with at-risk youth
- Bachelors Degree Education
- Bi-lingual with Spanish
- Participation on mission trips
- Health Insurance
For further details and other Benefits please speak to Recruiter.
Contact Caribbean Mountain Academy