Grand Rapids Christian Schools
Payroll and Benefits Manager
The manager oversees payroll, benefits and human resources.
The Payroll and Benefits Manager oversees and manages all aspects of Grand Rapids Christian Schools payroll, employee benefits, and human resources. The Manager ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and facilitates the work of the Business Office as directed by the Chief Financial Officer in order to achieve operations goals and long-term objectives.
- Assists in monthly closings. Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Prepares and distributes all year-end W-2 and ACA reporting requirements.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours, vacation time, insurance, and other deductions.
- Contacts various department supervisors and employees or any missing hour information prior to payroll processing.
- Processes semi-monthly transfer of payroll data to using GRCS-determined payroll managements systems.
- Compiles and distributes internal management reports from payroll system.
- Manages employee benefits and 403(b) program, ensuring compliance with all benefits requirements.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes the Summary Plan Description to appropriate employees.
- Responds to employee matters in a professional and positive manner.
- A degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Expertise in payroll and payroll tax laws
- Solid knowledge of 1099 reporting
- At least two years of payroll experience preferred
- Excellent math skills
Contact Grand Rapids Christian Schools
Chief Financial Officer