Living Stones Academy
Academic and Behavior Interventionist
Living Stones Academy is seeking an Academic and Behavior Interventionist to join our Educational Support Staff (ESS) Team.
- Assist the Educational Support Services (ESS) Coordinator in maintaining a safe learning environment and ensuring the well-being and safety of the children in his/her care.
- Assist in the implementation of Intervention/Accommodation Plans for students and monitor their progress. This includes but is not limited to small group/push-in math or language arts support.
- Provide support for individual or small groups of students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Monitor or lead a class as directed by the ESS Coordinator and/or general education teacher.
- Support students with emotional or behavioral concerns and assist them in developing appropriate social or emotional skills as identified by a behavior intervention plan. Record and report student progress to Educational Support Services (ESS) Coordinator.
- Participate in any student meetings requested by the ESS Coordinator or Head of School.
- Attend training opportunities as recommended by the ESS Coordinator or Head of School.
Living Stones Academy is seeking a Behavior & Academic Interventionist who:
- Is enthusiastic about Christ-centered education.
- Has a passion for working with young children from diverse backgrounds.
- Serves to assist the Educational Support Services in meeting the needs of students in the areas of behavioral/social/emotional support, mathematics, and language arts.
- Will report to the Educational Support Services Coordinator.
- Model Christ-like behavior.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Interact with children, including bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing, and walking.
- Maintain a calm demeanor when interacting with students with behavioral challenges.
Two years of college required. Bachelor's degree in Education or related field preferred. Must have experience working with children. This individual must exhibit a genuine, nurturing, caring attitude to all.
Positions are open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications for this position Friday, June 5.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Living Stones Academy
Head of School