Albuquerque Christian School
Principal (PREK3 - 8th Grade)
Albuquerque Christian School is looking for a motivated and experienced leader to serve as Principal at our brand-new campus.
Albuquerque Christian School is looking for a motivated and experienced leader to serve as Principal at our brand-new campus in the heart of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque Christian School is an ACSI accredited school that has been serving New Mexico students since 1982. Current enrollment sits at around 115 students and there is room at our new campus for almost 3 times that amount. We are looking for a principal ready for the challenge of leading us as we grow into the future.
ACS serves students grades PREK3 through 8th grade. The Principal is directly responsible for all day-to-day functions of providing a safe and positive learning environment, as well as recruitment and retainment of staff and faculty, and the overall well-being of the school. We are looking for a Christian leader who shares our passion and mission of “providing Christ-centered, high quality academics” to students in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Mission and Vision:
ACS is where children grow spiritually and academically in Christ's love to become the leaders of tomorrow.
ACS mission is to provide Christ-centered and high-quality academics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Models a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Builds meaningful connections with students and families, pointing them towards Christ.
- Upholds the mission, vision, and core values of the school while utilizing God-given gifts and talents to move the academic trajectory of our students forward.
- Is a creative and strategic problem solver; open to feedback; motivated to improve and grow individuals
- and the ministry; able to make prayerful, timely and wise decisions.Has experience leading, developing, and motivating teams.
- Works to coach teachers in strategies for effective instructional delivery, modeling outstanding instruction.
- Observes lessons regularly and delivers targeted feedback, developing plans for teacher improvement.
- Designs a professional development calendar and implements effective, relevant, and differentiated Professional Development sessions.
- Ensures that teachers are delivering a quality curriculum that meets students’ needs, and aligns with the state standards.
- Communicates regularly with families to develop a supportive home-school relationship and to reinforce school expectations and student discipline. Address parent concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide leadership to all staff and students in establishing a positive, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture
- Will be a visible and highly engaged leader in the school community.
- Is an excellent, frequent and clear communicator with Head of School, teachers, volunteers, and other school staff and work cooperatively with Development, Finance, and Operations departments.
- As a school with great volunteer support, lead, help to communicate needs and challenges, and train teaching and other school staff to maximize volunteers to achieve academic goals and steward the volunteer resources well with fundraising impacts in mind.
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining a calm demeanor. The manner that the Principal handles unexpected challenges influences the entire team response to a great degree.
3 Years Teaching or Administrative experience OR an extensive history of leadership experience
An enthusiastic follower of Jesus Christ with an active Christian lifestyle
An enjoyment in working with young people
Master’s Degree (minimum)
Please send the following:
1. Cover letter and resume
2. Statement of you Philosophy of Education
3. Statement of Faith
4. Copy of College Degree(s) and License(s)
To Scott Nance, President, ACS Board of Trustees
Start Date: ASAP
Contact Albuquerque Christian School