Bellevue Christian School
Central Office | Clyde Hill, WA | 2018 – 2019
Working Hours: Full-Time; 1.0 FTE (Year-round)
The IT Specialist’s primary focus is relationship between technology and our customer, assisting all Bellevue Christian (BCS) faculty and staff with technology issues, to provide implementation expertise and education to faculty and staff, and to bring new technologies and practices into the classroom and offices to improve BCS as a whole. Such tasks and support will range from providing helpdesk-style support for teachers and staff such as troubleshooting a projector or desktop to working with teachers and staff to improve educational and corporate processes.
General Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level support for BCS production services – troubleshoot server/client/network technical problems as they arise and act as a point of escalation for complicated issues.
- Leverage knowledge of the desktop applications to help all staff.
- Facilitate with the Technology Manager the planning of system and feature upgrades across this school.
- Facilitate teacher’s use of technology in the classroom; consult, evaluate, train, and implement technology (hardware and software) that will fundamentally improve the education process at Bellevue Christian.
- Facilitate staff’s use of technology in the office environment; consult, evaluate, train, and implement technology (hardware and software) that will fundamentally improve the day-to-day running of the Bellevue Christian business.
- Enforce system and network security procedures.
- Participate in scheduled off-hours infrastructure upgrades.
- Maintain inventory of all computer assets as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in related computer field such as IT or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience configuring all manner of desktop applications on local clients
- 1-3 years’ experience with client and server hardware platforms
- 1-3 years administration experience in Microsoft based production environments
- 1-3 years creating system specifications and maintenance documentation
- 1-3 years’ experience with Apple products
- Proven ability to manage tasks to completion
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Great interpersonal skills in supporting staff and students
- Experience driving a project through requirements gathering all the way to implementation and training
- Some knowledge of the Windows family of operating systems, including Windows Server, Windows 10, as well as Apple platforms
- Entry level experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory domains and setup of accounts
- Some background with automated Windows deployment
- Some understanding of the Microsoft Email and Office family of products
- Experience connecting computers/equipment to wired and wireless networks
- Ability to create user facing documentation as required
- This position requires solid interpersonal technical communication and support skills.
Benefits Package Includes: Employer paid medical and dental (employee only), and optional vision coverage plans. Employer 403b contributions. Employer paid life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and optional life and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 14 paid holidays.
Contact Bellevue Christian School