Trinity Christian College
Director of Financial Aid
Serves as a key member of Trinity’s enrollment and revenue management team and provides leadership, vision and direction for the Financial Aid Office.
Department: Financial Aid
Job Title: Director of Financial Aid (full-time, 40 hours per week)
Position Purpose: Serves as a key member of Trinity’s enrollment and revenue management team and provides leadership, vision and direction for the Financial Aid Office. Develops and maintains policies to achieve regulatory compliance and superior service to students and families. Develops excellent collaborative relationships with colleagues across campus and external partners of the College. Oversees and manages the student aid and financial aid operational budgets. Maintains awareness of trends and new developments in the administration of financial aid. Oversees all financial aid staff and student workers.
Education: A bachelor degree with 5-7 years financial aid experience. Experience in higher education sector preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Contribute to the formation of data-driven institutional scholarship and grant policies in support of enrollment, retention, and revenue goals.
- Provide, in collaboration with others across campus, leadership to enrollment, retention, and marketing efforts.
- Create plans and department goals that align with the vision and direction of senior campus leadership.
- Seek continuous improvement and staff development opportunities.
Compliance and Eligibility
- Maintain the College’s eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs.
- Authorize and oversee appropriate access levels to federal/state financial aid systems for staff & 3rd-party partners.
- Maintain the College’s Title IV Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure campus-wide regulatory compliance, including the proper dissemination of required disclosures and consumer information.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and lead the College through any changes.
- Ensure the timely completion of required reports and surveys, including FISAP, IPEDS, NAIA, Common Data Set, Petersons, US News & World Report, and others.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for annual A-133 audit, and any other financial aid audits/reviews.
- Ensure the accuracy of the College’s Net Price Calculator and content on Financial Aid web pages & publications.
- Seek and maintain external partnerships for student funding.
- Provide financial aid training to persons engaged in student recruiting efforts (e.g., admissions & athletics).
- Present financial aid sessions at College visit days, college fairs, high school financial aid nights, and other public meetings.
- Coordinate with Development Office in establishment and awarding of donor-funded scholarships.
- Lead the financial aid staff in the delivery of exemplary customer service.
- Seek opportunities for student financial literacy development & default aversion.
- Ensure regular communication of important financial aid information to students.
- Direct and evaluate financial aid services that promote access to a Trinity education.
- Oversee the awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of all federal, state and institutional financial aid.
- Manage & report on the College’s discount rate for traditional undergraduate programs.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Contact Trinity Christian College
Payroll Administrator/HR Assistant