Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Hillcrest School seeks professionals who are strongly committed Christians. Applicants should hold at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree.
Hillcrest School seeks professionals who are strongly committed Christians. Applicants should hold at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate, speak and write English fluently, have experience working within the US or Canadian educational systems and demonstrate enthusiasm for residing in a cross-cultural environment. Additional preferred skills and experience include international schools teaching, curriculum and assessment development, ability to stimulate critical thinking and inquiry within a classroom environment, effective communication with students and parents, along with proven ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- International school teaching experience
- Ability to communicate well with students, staff and parents.
- Possess the interpersonal characteristics to work cooperatively with colleagues as team players.
- Speak and write English fluently and communicate clearly.
- Strong sense of concepts, purposes and intellectual process associated within Social Studies.
- Proven ability to establish a classroom environment that stimulates critical thinking, problem solving and inquiry.
- Understand the developmental needs of Middles school organization, programs and students.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in integrating technology in the classroom. Committed to the Lordship of Christ in his/her life.
- Committed to the Lordship of Christ in his/her life.
- Secondary license or current certification for teaching English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or area of expertise required from an accredited university.
- Previous teaching experience and knowledge in the area of English/Literature at High School level.
- Ability to develop successful academic programs.
- Hillcrest is a mission school, reaching out to our communities. Contracts are ordinary offered for 2 academic years. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Basically furnished housing on campus
- Education benefits for up to 2 children
- Professional Development opportunities
- Round trip airfare per contract for a teacher, their spouse and 2 children (as applicable).
Applicants shall consider employment at Hillcrest as a calling. If you feel called to live and teach in another culture, serving as a part of a broader Christian Community, educating global Disciples of Christ, we encourage you to apply.
Contact Hillcrest School
Mr. Samson Sariem