Principal - Fridley Campus
The Principal is primarily responsible for leading the ongoing development and achievement of the school school’s academic program for grades 9-12.
The Principal reports to the President of Avail Academy and is primarily responsible for leading the ongoing development and achievement of the school’s academic program for grades 9-12 at Avail Academy.
The Principal is appointed by the President and is responsible for all leadership, communication, planning and operational functions for the Fridley 9-12 campus in accordance with the operational policies approved by the Board of Directors, and the directives included in the laws of the state of Minnesota.
- Ensures that the environment and practices throughout the Avail community are distinctively Christian and Reformed in perspective.
- By precept and example, models Christ in leadership, service and communication.
- Participates in the Education Leadership Team (comprised of president, dean for curriculum and instruction, campus principals) in the development of the K – 12 curriculum with the goal that the educational goals at the various levels build on each other.
- Supervises directly, or through appropriate delegation, select academic personnel and activities including staffing, performance management, salary administration and employee relations matters.
- Performs annual performance reviews for select faculty and staff members.
- Assists in the development of annual all-campus professional development plans.
- Recommends to the President all teaching staff employees for hiring, promotion, transfer, or separation.
- Full leadership responsibility for designated areas that would be identified on the basis of his or her areas of expertise.
- Directs and provides leadership for all staff in co-curriculars programs (theater, music, athletics).
- Participates in teaching assignments as agreed upon and as needed.
- Effectively communicates and champions the strengths of Christian education as provided by Avail Academy--first within our supporting churches and also within the Twin Cities Christian community.
- Submits a written report to the President for distribution to the Board of Directors prior to its regularly scheduled bi-monthly meetings.
- Communicates the results of ongoing evaluations and assessments of select programs and practices to the Education Leadership Team annually.
- Appropriately and continuously informs members of the school family of matters concerning the operation of the school, policies and other relevant information.
- Ensures that the following are established at primary campus of responsibility and in coordination with all campuses: effective communication, problem resolution, discipline and confidentiality to respond to issues and potential crises involving students, faculty, staff, or parents.
- Develops annual and long range plans for select areas of responsibility such as program planning, facility and transportation needs and staff needs for the Fridley 9-12 campus.
- Administers select portions of the annual budget (as approved by the Board) related to educational and campus expenditures in accordance with operational policies and legal requirements.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by the President.
The position will remain open until filled. However, applications are due by February 5 for priority consideration.
Please submit a CV/Resume, letter of interest, faith statement, 3 names and contact information for references
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masters Degree
- 5 years classroom teaching experience
- A minimum of 2 years of educational leadership experience
Contact Avail Academy
Bethany J. Schuttinga, PhD