Santiago Christian School
Library Media Specialist
Provide leadership in the library media center and plan for future growth and development of the program. Teach classes and assist in research.
SCS is seeking a Library Media Specialist to provide enthusiastic leadership and expertise in effective use of the school media center. The Library Media Specialist collaborates with teachers to integrate information literacy into the curriculum and evaluates the library media program for future growth and development. The Library Media Specialist provides faculty assistance in designing activities that help students learn to identify, analyze, and synthesize information by using a variety of materials, reference works, and formats, making the media center an integral component of SCS’s instructional program. Teaching experience and a master’s degree in library/media or certification/licensure as a school librarian are preferred. Candidates would be proficient in basic operation and troubleshooting of computers, databases, and other media equipment. The Library Media Specialist fosters an atmosphere which encourages students and staff to access and enjoy the library/media center and its resources.
- Master's degree in library/media or certification/licensure as a school librarian.
- Understanding of English as a Second Language strategies in the classroom.
- Basic understanding of computers, databases and other media equipment.
- State certification and/or licensure
- Salary compensation is adequate for local living.
- Health insurance
- Free tuition for children.
- Free lunch each day.
- Transportation to and from school.
- Some compensation for yearly travel to the US.
Contact Santiago Christian School
Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: (USA) 646-736-6657