This module is still under development and instructions will be finalized once the CRM integration is complete.
Articles are content "houses" where you can store text, images, and assets (files) to be displayed, such as news, resources, and forms. You can also group documents together in one article, for example, you could have a "School Enrollment" article with all applicable documents in one article. You can display this article on any page using the function pod.
Before adding a new article, perform a search on the Articles module to ensure the document you are looking for is not already added. All documents were brought over, but only 2016-2018 were published (in most cases).
Adding a new Article
Before you begin, you will want
- Visit the “Articles” section under the “Modules” section of the Admin
- Click the button on the far upper right called “Add New”
- Enter basic article details and click “Save”
- Add article content
- Add assets, as needed
To categorize the articles, revisit the Basic tab after saving. Each article must be tagged with the corresponding website and categories:
- Website categories: Community, US Benefits, CAN Benefits
- Website classes: News, Resource Library, Events, Publication, Update, Webinar (will make the article eligible to show in the applicable area)
- Service Lines: Curriculum, Accreditation, Leadership Development, Employee Benefits, etc.
Be sure to check "published" for the article to appear live on the website. Uncheck this box to remove it from the site.
Visit the permissions tab to check which group should be able to view these resources. Checking a box means that all permission groups above that group can see the resource. You are checking the box for the lowest permission allowed.
EX: An accreditation resource should be checked "Member School Staff", as you want Portal Admins and Editors to see it, but you do not want it to be available to Retirees or inactive participants.
Leave permissions blank if you want the resource to be public.
Categories are typically used in several different areas on a website. They are useful for organizing content and showing only specific content on pages with functions pods.
Categories are most commonly used in conjunction with modules, however there is a multi step process in order to be able to assign a category to a module item. The reason for this is that some sites have hundreads of categories and its easier to search through smaller lists specifically for that module than it is to search through ALL of the categories.
How to add a new category to be used for module items
Create new category(ies)
- Go to categories in the "Modules" area of the side navigation in the cms admin
- If you are adding a new standalone category, select the green "add new" button from the button toolbar at the top of the page
- If you are adding a subcategory, find the parent category in the category tree and select the gree "+ child" button.
- Enter in the new name of the category, the url will automatically be added, you can adjust this if you want.
- "Save Category"
- Once saved, you may choose to either delete this new category, or add a new subcategory to it.
- Repeat for as many categories and subcategories as you need
Add newly created categories to desired module
- Go to the desired module in the "Modules" area of the side navigation that you wish to use newly created categories
- In the modules' categories section either below or the right of the table start typing the names of the new categories and select them as the appear in the list from the text box
- Once all categories that you want to use have been added select "save"
Categorizing module items with categories
- Now you are able to select these new categories when adding/editing module items
- Add a new module item or select edit from an existing one in the module table
- In the basic tab scroll to the categories section and start typing the category name you wish to add in the textbox.
- Select all categories you wish to add
Now when you are on a page and you only want to show, lets say, articles in the "announcements" category, you can choose from the function pod list "Display articles in category" and choose "announcements" and ONLY articles categorized with "announcements" will appear on that page.
Data is a developer tool, this is not recommended for CSI use.
For simple contact forms, Form Builder is a drag and drop solution.
For the Membership Application, please see the Wufoo forms tab.
Managing Jobs in KERN
It is not recommended to post new jobs through the KERN interface. Schools should submit jobs from https://www.csionline.org/job-board/post-job
- Navigate to Modules > Jobs
- To edit a job, select the pencil tool
- Edit text fields as necessary
Unpublishing an active job
- To unpublish a job, click the pencil tool on a job to enter Edit mode
- Uncheck the box that says "Active" and click save
- The job will now be unpublished
Editing categories on an active job
- Click the pencil tool on a job to enter Edit mode
- Select the x on the current category to remove
- Click the blank area in the categories box
- Select the new category and click save
You can easily export a list of payments, or payment attempts that have been processed on the website.
The default settings exports for the last month, but you can select a start date and end date to view transactions in between.
This will export a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file, which you can view in any spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
Basic Details Special Notes
Title just for internal use in the promo table to be able to tell the difference between promos
Header Actual heading text displayed on promotion block
Link Text text displayed on the button for the promotion
Published make sure this is checked or else your promo will not appear on the site, unless of course you want to "archive" a promo, then you can unpublish it without having to delete it.
Text Actual content of the promotion. Recommended to be kept fairly short, 1 - 3 sentences.
Image optional, displays in the background
Links options, choose where you want the promotion to link to, internal page, external site, or to open email app and send email. If no link is added the button will not appear on the promotion.
'School roles' identify various job titles within a school that should be assigned 'MY CSI administrator' privileges vs 'MY CSI editor' privileges.
- MY CSI Administrator Permissions: post jobs, assign other staff permission to post jobs, update staff information/approve updates made by school staff, and update school information (school name, phone number, school physical address/school mailing address, and school website).
- MY CSI Editor Permissions: includes all permission above except ability to name new MY CSI Administrator for a school.
Add or update a member/non-member school:
1. Go to the 'modules' tab and select 'schools'
2. To add a new school select 'add new' in the upper right corner, to edit an existing school select the pencil icon
3. When adding/updating a schools information be sure to select 'member school/accredited school'* etc
*simply uncheck 'member school' or 'accredited' to revoke that status from a school
4. Select 'save' to save/update a schools informtation
The search module is meant to configure the Searchblox collection and perform debugging on URLs in the index. Please contact ddm for assistance with this module.
Snippets manage several different features on the CSI websites:
- My CSI dashboards
- csionline.org home page slider content
- My CSI login screen promotional icons
The title of each snippet clearly indicates which dashboard, slider, or page you are editing.
- Quick links should always be external links with the full URL, except for My Resources
- You may add as many pods as you would like in the dashboard, using a mix of content pods and function pods as necessary.
Home page slider tips
- Only content is managed in the snippet
- Images are managed on the Home Page navigation link in KERN
- Adding sliders will be a Phase II functionality
My CSI login screen tips
- Only the three helpful icons on the purple section of the My CSI login are featured here
- For login instruction edits, please contact ddm, as these are hardcoded into the login screen.