||UPDATED: November 6, 2014
|REPORTS TO: CSI BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The President/CEO is the chief executive officer of Christian Schools International and the Christian Schools International Foundation. He or she is appointed by the CSI Board of Trustees for an initial two-year term, with subsequent reappointments of three years each.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, guidance, direction and direct or indirect supervision to the chief financial officer, all vice presidents, all directors and all other CSI administrative and operational personnel, enabling CSI to fulfill its missions.
- Serve as the principal spokesperson—the public “face”--of CSI and representative of its programs and missions to its diverse constituencies and the broader community.
- Provide leadership and direction in developing the organization of CSI, building its membership and serving its members, securing the necessary financial and physical resources to carry out such purposes.
- Direct, supervise, and enable the hiring and development, through training and evaluation, of the necessary human resources for the accomplishment of CSI’s missions.
- Ensure that all of CSI’s operations, practices and procedures advance the missions of CSI and are in compliance with applicable law, CSI’s bylaws, and the policies adopted by the CSI board, and that such policies are carried out thoroughly and uniformly.
- Provide all necessary information and advice to the CSI board, guide it by initiating and proposing plans, programs, and policies, and assist it to fulfill its paramount leadership role in the governance of CSI.
- Attend and participate in meetings and other deliberations of the boards of trustees of the CSI Employee Benefit Plans and Trust Funds and their coordinated management committee (but without the right to vote).
- Lead the administrative staff in developing, implementing, and monitoring approved long- and short-range plans
- Serve as the principal liaison with the Canadian Christian Education Foundation, Inc., the regional organizations, the benefits boards and their committees, and all organizations with which CSI is affiliated.
- Guide the CSIF Board of Trustees by articulating CSIF's vision, proposing direction-setting plans and policies that enable its Board of Trustees to fulfill is responsibility to strengthen and uphold the mission.