TO: Schools and Employees Eligible to Participate in the Rainbow Plan
FROM: Brian C. Meekhof, Benefits Administrator
The New CSI Flexible Benefits Plan (Formerly the Rainbow Plan)
It is our goal to provide our participants with a high quality benefits package that is administered in an efficient manner. Based on your feedback and administrative difficulties we have experienced with the Rainbow Plan, we are terminating our relationship with HRM Claim Management. We are pleased to introduce the new CSI Flexible Benefits Plan administered by Employee Benefit Strategies (EBS). We are confident that EBS will do an excellent job administering our flexible spending accounts and welcome them as our new administrator. This change will be effective September 1, 2002.
We anticipate that the change from the Rainbow Plan to the CSI Flexible Benefits Plan will be very beneficial for our schools and participants. The changes will eliminate pre-funding by schools and reduce or eliminate current reimbursement delays to participants. We believe these changes will increase satisfaction with the Plan and will make it more attractive to participate in the Plan.
New Features of the Plan
There are some features of the new CSI Flexible Benefits Plan that you will find quite attractive. We are able to incorporate a number of improvements into the Plan in response to suggestions and comments from schools and participants. The features of the new Plan are:
- No Pre-Funding of Health Care FSA Claims: Schools will no longer be required to pre-fund health care FSA claims when you submit a claim for more than your account balance. As long as funds are available in the group account, your health care FSA claims will be paid up to your annual maximum immediately. This eliminates the current two-step process for reimbursement for claims that exceed the account balance. Dependent care claims will continue to be paid to the extent that funds are available in your account.
- Fax Claims: You may fax claims to EBS to reduce the time required to receive reimbursement.
- Direct Deposit: You will have the option of using direct deposit to have reimbursements deposited electronically into your bank account. The direct deposit feature is an optional service. If you are reimbursed by this time-saving direct deposit feature you will receive a deposit advice in lieu of a check.
- Claim Form: A new claim form is included with each reimbursement so that you always have one available for the next claim.
- Claim Processing: Claims are processed and payments are issued daily and EBS guarantees that all claims will be processed within two business days of receipt.
- Web Site: A web site is available to access your account online to check claims, reimbursements, and account balances.
- Forms: You will be able to print claim forms and other forms from the web site.
Claims Submission after September 1, 2002
For the enrollments effective September 1, 2002, CSI will no longer use HRM’s Rainbow Plan although HRM will process claims incurred in the current plan year until November 30, 2002. If your expense is incurred prior to September 1, submit your claims to HRM Claim Management; if the expense is incurred on or after September 1, submit your claims to Employee Benefits Strategies.
Enrolling for the Plan Year Beginning September 1, 2002
Employees working half-time or more are eligible to participate in the CSI Flexible Benefits Plan. To enroll:
- Carefully read the Plan brochure to learn about the features of the new Plan.
- Complete a worksheet and enrollment form.
- Complete a direct deposit form if you wish to be reimbursed via direct deposit.
- Complete a dependent care form if you are enrolling in the dependent care spending account.
- Submit the completed enrollment form, direct deposit form and dependent care form to your school office.