Year's Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE):
- 35% of the YMPE for Plan Year 2017/2018 is $19,495.00.
- 35% of the YMPE for Plan Year 2016/2017 is $19,308.00.
- 35% of the YMPE for Plan Year 2015/2016 is $19,063.00.
The pension plan is designed to provide an important part of the income needed for retirement. The plan is a defined benefit pension plan and was established by Christian Schools International for employees of its member schools in Canada.
The Canadian Christian Schools pension plan has been the backbone to providing a secure retirement for thousands of administrators, faculty, and staff over the years.
- Pension Formula - 1.9 percent x five-year final average earnings x years of eligible service x either 1.00 (8.05 percent plan) or x 0.87 (7.00 percent plan) or x 0.69 (5.55 percent plan) = annual pension benefit.
For example: Assume you have 30 years of service in the plan and your five-year final average earnings is $58,000. If your school participated in the 8.05 percent plan, your annual pension payout at age 65 would be: 1.9 percent x $58,000 x 30 = $33,060 annually for life.
- One of the unique benefits offered to Canadian employees is the government-sponsored Canada Pension Plan (CPP). If your school is in the 8.05 percent plan, you would add this to the amount from the CPP and OAS (old age & survivor):
|| per year for life
||(equal to 86 percent of your final earnings)
- September Entry: Schools can join the pension plan every September 1.
- For more details, click here: Canada Pension Highlights.
For individual participant questions, please call Marcy Sterken at 877.274.8796, ext 231; direct 616.284.3231; or at email@example.com.
For schools wanting more information, please call Todd Schilthuis at 877.274.8796, ext 251; direct 616.284.3251; or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all Canadian Pension Forms
January 8, 2014 Webinar
On January 8, 2014, we held a national webinar series to review changes to the Canadian Christian Schools Pension Plan for 2014 and to give you an opportunity to ask questions.
If you weren't able to attend the webinar for your region and want to listen to the recording, please follow the link below.
Click one of the links below to listen to the webinar recording.
Ontario - January 8 at 4:00 PM EST Session
Prairies - January 8, 4:00 PM MST Session
British Columbia - January 8, 4:30 PM PST
Webinar Presentation (copy)
Online Retirement Calculations
Click Here to log in and generate your own retirement benefit calculations
Click Here for instructions