Christian Schools International's insurance plan is designed to offer schools choice when selecting benefits for employees.
The plan is available to active full-time and certain part-time employees of our member schools and affiliated institutions and colleges in Canada. Schools may choose from the following four eligibility requirement options: 40 percent, 50 percent, 60 percent, or 75 percent of full-time employment.
The plan is administered by a board of trustees; day-to-day administration and operation are performed by the employee benefits department.
The limited benefit plan (life, AD&D, and disability benefits) is available to those employees who have health and dental coverage through a spouse’s employer’s plan.
All benefits, with the exception of the short-term disability benefit, are underwritten by Manulife Financial; Manulife also serves as the claim administrator. The short-term disability benefit is self-funded.
- Extended health with five diverse flex options
- Prescription drugs with a pay direct drug card
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Optional term life insurance with nonsmoker/smoker rates may be purchased on an individual basis for employee, spouse, and/or child
- Optional critical illness coverage with nonsmoker/smoker rates can be purchased on an individual basis for employee, spouse, and/or child
- Employee assistance program
- Schools in certain provinces may select occupational coverage
- Schools may also select from these benefit options:
- LTD cost of living allowance on health care spending accounts
- Occupational coverage for co-op students
- International student coverage
- For a complete benefit summary of the five plan options, click here.
Benefits are administered under the terms of the CSI Canada Insurance Plan and
Trust Fund by a board of trustees. The trust is a not-for-profit health and welfare
trust exclusively dedicated to providing certain employee benefits and services
related to those benefits. The trust is not an insurance company and is not subject
to regulation under the relevant insurance legislation of some provinces, including
British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba.
The extended health care, dental care, and health care spending account benefits are funded by the Trust and Manulife Financial serves as the claim administrator. The short-term disability benefit is administered and funded by the trust. The employee/family assistance plan is provided by Ceridian Corporation. The student occupational plan benefits are provided by the American Home Assurance Company of Canada. All other benefits are underwritten by Manulife Financial.
We provide rates by school. For a proposal, please contact Todd Schilthuis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.274.8796, ext. 251.
For plan comparison between your school’s current plan and our plans, please feel free to contact Todd Schilthuis at email@example.com or 877.274.8796, ext. 251.